Mr. Anderson has over 25 years of firefighting, fire / arson investigation, and instructional experience. His actual fire fighting experience spanned two states, Missouri and Kansas, prior to his retiring as a Battalion Chief. Early in his career he began investigative work involving scene investigations, insurance loss, and fire origin.
As a Fire Investigation Consultant Mr. Anderson’s background is extensive in studying fire suppression forces related to building construction, mass casualty, emergency medical techniques, and firefighter safety/survival. He has also dealt with arson for profit and fire investigation, chemistry of hazardous materials in fire situations and handling techniques, fraud investigations, fire suppression and detection, fire hydraulics, fire tactics / strategy and scene preservation. He is skilled with the Reid technique of interviewing and interrogation.
Mr. Anderson also conducts seminars and courses related to all aspects of fire fighting and investigation including live burn training for insurance companies, fire departments, and professional investigators . Since 1983 he has been an active member at the annual conferences of the International Association of Arson Investigators. His litigation experience involves subrogation, liability and arson.
- State of Kansas – Licensed Private Detective
- Missouri Division of Fire Safety – Certified Fire Investigator
- New Mexico State University, 1978, Wildlife Management
- University of Missouri, 1981, Certified Fire Dept Instructor
- University of Kansas, 1989, Fire Service Instructor Certification
- National Fire Academy, Emmetsburg, Maryland, 1979 – 1991, Advanced Courses Certification
- Reid Technique for Interviewing and Interrogation
- Kansas City Kansas Community College, Kansas City, Kansas, Fire Science Degree, 2000
- Professional Fire and Fraud Investigators Assoc
- International Assoc of Arson Investigators
- International Assoc of Arson Investigators, Kansas Chapter
- 1993 Fire Investigator of the Year, State of Kansas; Intern’l Assoc of Arson Investigators
- International Assoc of Arson Investigators photography awards: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV