A Licensed Professional Engineer, Mr. McGowen has more than 20 years of executive management experience, and 30 years of technical experience in the upstream oil and gas industry. He specializes in exploitation engineering, including screening, evaluating and implementing re-entries, recompletions, workovers, infill drilling, stimulations, and application of horizontal, multilateral and underbalanced drilling. During the course of his career, Mr. McGowen has led multidisciplinary teams, and planned and managed more than 100 technical projects, many with multimillion-dollar budgets. He has extensive experience in asset evaluation and due diligence with projects in the United States, Colombia, Algeria, Venezuela, Mexico, Thailand and Indonesia. Mr. McGowen also offers in-depth knowledge of risk management, probabilistic economic analysis, reserves projections, and prospect evaluation. He has published numerous case studies and journal articles.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas
- Project Management Professional Certified
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1982
- Society of Petroleum Engineers, Member
- Top 15 Best CEOs, Medium-Size Producer, Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners
- Aggie 100: Fastest Growing Aggie Run Companies, #1 – 2012, #4 – 2013, #3 – 2014
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV