A Licensed Professional Engineer, Mr. Lim has more than 30 years experience in structural and materials evaluation. A nationally recognized expert in nondestructive testing and evaluation, Mr. Lim helped research various nondestructive testing methods, including ground penetrating radar and infrared thermography. Mr. Lim is able to determine the causes of structural performance issues, such as structural distress, excessive displacement, and excessive vibrations to partial or total structural collapse. He developed an algorithm enabling corrosion hot spots to be identified and addressed prior to failure. Mr. Lim’s high-profile consulting projects include Mederka PNB 118 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Vehicle Assembly Building, Kennedy Space Center, Florida; Soldier Field in Chicago; Heinz Field in Pittsburg; and the Denver International Airport. Mr. Lim has authored numerous presentations and journal articles as well as a book for the Nuclear Regulatory Industry. He has lectured at various universities and colleges on the practical aspects of engineering. He has served as an expert in numerous cases, and has testified in court hearings and as part of arbitration and mediation.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida, Illinois and Indiana
- Holds one U.S. Patent and one International Patent
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of New Hampshire, 1989
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of New Hampshire, 1987
- American Concrete Institute, Member
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV