Mike Head, PE, LEED AP BD+C
Code Review and Interpretation, Construction Administration Assistance, Construction Claims, Construction Defects, Design/Sustainable Architecture, eismic Analysis and Design, Failure Analysis, Failure Investigations, Fire and Explosion Analysis, Forensic Engineering and Analysis, Historic Preservation, LEED Accredited Professional, Property Assessment, Renovation, Repair, Restoration, Structural Engineering, Tornado and Hurricane Resistant Design, Wind Analysis and Design
Mr. Head has more than 35 years in the design and construction of buildings and structures throughout Saudi Arabia and the United States. Mr. Head’s extensive project management experience ranges from creating preliminary designs and developing contracts to coordinating with contractors, overseeing construction work, and providing forensic support for contractors, engineers, owners and attorneys.
His projects have included airports, residential complexes, high-rise office buildings, sports facilities, manufacturing plants, medical facilities and many others. An expert in structural forensic investigations, Mr. Head has experience in anti-terrorist structural solutions (blast protection), materials failure, code compliance, and design and engineering for tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes. He is a LEED Accredited Professional in green building design and construction.
- Licensed PE in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington, D.C.
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP BD+C)
- Chartered Engineer in England (MICE)
- Florida Special Inspector
- MS, Structural Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 1985
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Southampton, England, 1977
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Deep Foundations Institute (DFI)
- Structural Engineers Association of Georgia (SEAOG)
- National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE) in the United Kingdom
- Post-Disaster Safety Assessment Services Worker (California Emergency Management Agency)
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV