Dr. Worsey has been working virtually full time in explosives – related research, teaching and consulting since 1978. His research interests also include blast disturbance/damage, perimeter blasting, counter-mine, explosives safety, electronic initiating systems and fuse technology, explosive properties, fragmentation and the manufacture of new explosives. In addition to his expertise in explosives, he has a broad background in Mining and Geotechnical Engineering with emphasis in Rock Mechanics, Excavation and Slope Engineering. He is responsible for many new innovative courses including firsts in the nation in commercial pyrotechnics and demolition. He is a Certified Blaster and Licensed Pyrotechnician. Dr. Worsey is a Chartered Engineer listed on the Engineering Council Register, United Kingdom (November 1990) and a FENI registered group 1 European Engineer.
Dr. Worsey has been principal instructor for numerous undergraduate, graduate and post graduate courses at the University of Missouri-Rolla, University of Newcastle-Tyne in England, and UFRGS, Brazil. Dr. Worsey has authored and co-authored over 250 publications, technical presentations and reports, including seven patents. He has been principal investigator to numerous funded research contracts.
- BS, University of Bristol, Applied Geology, 1977
- MS, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Rock Mechanics and Excavation Engineering, 1978
- PhD, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Mining (Explosives) Engineering, 1981
- Examiner, Missouri Limestone Producers Association Blasters Certification program
- Examiner, Missouri Department of Transportation Blasters Certification program
- Chartered Engineer listed on the Engineering Council Register, United Kingdom
- FENI registered group 1 European Engineer
- President’s award International Society of Explosives Engineers 2002.
- Best paper award, International Symposium on Energetic Materials Technology, March 1994.
- Sustained Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Mines and Metallurgy, UMR, 2002-2003.
- Sustained Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Materials, Energy and Earth Resources, UMR, 2004-2005.
- Sustained Excellence in Laboratory Instruction Award, School of Materials, Energy and Earth Resources, UMR, 2003-2005
- Technical paper reviewer on blasting, Society of Mining Engineers, Mining Engineering Journal
- Technical proposal reviewer, Department of State ISTC/CRDF program
- Referee, technical papers, Mining Resources Engineering Journal
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV