Quarterman Lee, PE
Accident Prevention, ADA Accommodation, Cellular Manufacturing, Computer Simulation, Crises Management, Equipment Design, Expert Witness, Facilities Planning, Facility Layout, Industrial Accidents, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Safety, Lighting, Litigation Support, Safety, Training
Mr. Lee’s experience with people, process design and machine design is quite broad, spanning 30+ years. He has consistently increased productivity through his work in facilities design, work cell manufacturing layout, and TQM quality programs for mid and large sized companies. He has developed and implemented work standards, process plans and maintenance control systems in numerous industries including automotive, agricultural, and steel. Using computer simulation, Mr. Lee is an expert in cellular manufacturing and has designed assembly operations, increased production, improved workplace configuration and inventory systems. He has designed major equipment such as overhead cranes, hydraulic tow tractors for the Egyptian Air Force, maneuvering slat for Israeli fighter aircraft, and modifications for aerobatic aircraft used by the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels. His work in safety has significantly reduced workplace accident rates in manufacturing and foundry settings.
Mr. Lee has been very effective in team building, transforming confrontational attitudes and dysfunctional workplace culture, and building cooperative partnerships between management and union. Mr. Lee has authored and presented more than 400 training programs and seminars, worldwide, on Lean Manufacturing, Work cell Design, Facility Planning, Scheduling Strategies, Setup Reduction and Crises Management.
- P.E., Professional Engineer in Missouri and Kansas
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Patent #4,420,03 for commercial dishwashing machine
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Institute of Industrial Engineers
- American Production and Inventory Control Society
- Authored book Facilities and Workplace Design for the Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Co-edited and wrote chapters for McGraw-Hill’s Handbook of Commercial and Industrial Facilities
- Published author of over 200 articles and papers for various professional venues. Topics: Manufacturing Strategy, Cellular Manufacturing, TQM, JIT, Team Development, and Industrial Dynamic.
- Worldwide presentations of papers and seminars: China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Britain, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and US.
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV