Mr. Shaffer has 40 years of experience in architectural design of single family/multi-family residential, commercial, industrial, restaurants, educational, factories, warehouses, retail stores, governmental, among other types of buildings. This involves the entire design- build process including site selection, planning, feasibility studies, conceptual design, interior design, exterior design, code research and review, construction documents and specifications, construction observation and inspection, and reporting. Mr. Shaffer also has extensive experience in post construction evaluation and analysis of issues related to the design, construction and maintenance of structures.
Mr. Shaffer also serves on many civic boards that are involved with community and metro wide issues such as transportation, mass transit, master planning, zoning, and community design standards.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Kansas State University, 1970
- Registered Architect, Missouri, Kansas, 26 other states
- AIA Continuing Education – over 250 credit hours
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- American Institute of Architects
- Design Build Institute of America
- International Code Council
- Mid America Regional Council, Board of Directors
- Prairie Village Policy Services Committee
- Prairie Village Development Corp., Board of Directors
- Mission Hills Planning Commission
- Leadership Johnson County, Steering Committee
* Partial bio; contact Humatec for comprehensive CV